We, at Rickmansworth Park JMI School recognise our responsibility under section 175 of the Education Act 2002 to safeguard and promote the welfare of our children. We are committed to working with other organisations and agencies to ensure good arrangements within the school to identify assess and support those children who are suffering harm or at risk of harm.
The principles on which our policies are based apply to all governors, staff and volunteers working in or with the school. We ensure that the following key elements are in place:
We establish a secure environment, for on-site and off-site school activities, in which children can feel safe, learn, develop and thrive;
- We have strong systems and procedures for early intervention including access to social work professionals;
- We ensure safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and other adults who work with the children;
- We raise awareness of safeguarding issues and equip children with t he skills they need to keep them safe;
- We develop and implement procedures for identifying and supporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse;
- We support children who are subject to neglect or abuse and contribute to their child protection plan;
- We ensure that all visitors to the school are made aware of our commitment to safeguarding;
- We regularly review our safeguarding policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose.